North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 21 October 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind east 15 to 20 knots backing to northeast 25 this morning then to north 20 Monday morning.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 August 2018
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 October 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5030N 5620W to 5030N 5400W to 5145N 5100W to 5430N 5100W to 5800N
5630W to 6000N 5400W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5155N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 21 October 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line east-west over
By 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Mid Labrador Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line east-west over the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT today departing ridge located north of Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM NDT 21 October 2018 A trough of low pressure over Southern Labrador will move to lie over
the Mid Labrador Coast this morning then remain stationary. On Monday
the trough will weaken and slowly move southward. Strong to gale
force north to northeasterly winds will develop north of the trough
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale, North Labrador Coast -Saglek
and south, South Labrador Sea - northern half, Northwest Labrador Sea
- southern half and the East Labrador Sea.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: