North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NST 23 January 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind south 15 to 20 knots increasing to west 30 near midnight then diminishing to west 15 Monday afternoon.
Risk of freezing spray today and Monday.
Temperatures minus 15 falling to minus 25 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4739N 5240W to 4807N 5226W
to 4929N 5308W to 5022N 5521W to 5046N 5406W to 5235N 5317W to 5451N
5329W to 5803N 5720W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
9 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths grey-white ice including 3
tenths first-year ice in the extreme northeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 22 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5239N 5551W to 5145N 5115W to 5305N 4905W to 5545N 5415W to
5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W to 5830N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 23 January 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located over northern Ungava Bay.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Monday trough located over the Northwest Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM NST 23 January 2022 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all areas with open water.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: