North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 16 January 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light near noon Wednesday.
Risk of freezing spray tonight.
Temperatures minus 25 to minus 17.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 January 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5325W to
Newfoundland near 4900N 5340W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4925N 5420W to
4945N 5430W to 4940N 5450W to Newfoundland near 4930N 5510W. Sea ice
south of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5040N 5610W to 5120N
5350W to 5255N 5315W to 5800N 5815W then northeastwards. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey-white ice including 2 tenths first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 16 January 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5400N 5718W to 5430N 5300W to 5700N 5500W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 16 January 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight high located over the Maritimes.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Wednesday high located over the northern Grand
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary trough located over the
coast of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM NST 16 January 2018 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: