Issued 05:00 AM EST 09 December 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 25 knots late this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 Saturday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water moderate freezing spray beginning this morning becoming severe this evening and ending Saturday morning.
Temperatures near minus 17.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 8 December 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 6002N 6213W to 6026N 6117W to 6143N 6159W to
6348N 5756W then northeastwards. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths
grey-white ice including 1 tenth first-year ice in the eastern
section. Consolidated first-year ice along the coast in the
Warnings (In effect)
Frobisher BayIssued 05:00 AM EST 09 December 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EST 9 December 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday departing trough from 1017 mb low located over
eastern Hudson Bay.
At 1200 UTC Friday building ridge from 1041 mb high located from
Ontario to Southampton Island then to Clyde River.
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge from 1048 mb high located from Quebec to
Hudson Strait then to Clyde River.
At 1200 UTC Friday low 1014 mb located over northern Baffin Bay.
By 0000 UTC Sunday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over Davis Strait.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: