Issued 07:14 AM MDT 21 October 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 to 20 knots near noon except southeast 35 over northern sections. Wind becoming southeast 20 early this evening except southeast 35 over northern sections. Wind becoming southeast 25 late overnight then diminishing to light near noon Monday. Wind becoming northwest 15 Monday evening.
Flurries ending early this evening with a risk of freezing drizzle.
Temperatures near minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 October 2018 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
1 tenth grey ice except 9 tenths new ice including 3 tenths grey ice
in the eastern section.
Warnings (In effect)
Yukon CoastIssued 07:14 AM MDT 21 October 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 21 October 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday high 1021 mb located at 74N 135W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday high 1031 mb located at 72N 106W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday low 1002 mb located at 72N 148W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: