Issued 07:00 PM MDT 16 August 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 10 to 15 knots veering to northwest 20 this evening then increasing to northwest 35 late overnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 25 Friday morning and to northwest 15 early Friday evening.
Rain ending early Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 16 August 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 8 tenths first-year ice near and west of Herschel
Warnings (In effect)
Yukon CoastIssued 7:00 PM MDT 16 August 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 17 August 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday trough from 983 mb low located from 74N 124W
to 75N 101W then to 67N 89W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday trough from 985 mb low located from 74N 104W
to 70N 82W then to 65N 88W.
At 1200 UTC Friday ridge located from 76N 173W to 69N 155W then
to 69N 138W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge located from 78N 174W to 74N 151W then
to 69N 130W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: