Issued 01:17 PM MDT 09 August 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 35 knots diminishing to light after midnight then becoming northwest 15 Wednesday evening.
Showers overnight and Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 9 August 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
Yukon CoastIssued 1:17 PM MDT 09 August 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 9 August 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday trough located from 79N 168W to 71N 131W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday trough located from 81N 168W to 76N 120W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday departing high 1012 mb located over northern
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: