Issued 07:00 PM MDT 14 August 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light this evening then becoming southwest 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind backing to southeast 10 to 15 near noon Wednesday then veering to southwest 15 early Wednesday evening.
Chance of showers this evening. Periods of rain beginning Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 August 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
Open water except 8 tenths first-year ice near and west of Herschel
Island. Strong ice pressure in the pack ice west of Herschel Island
today and continuing Wednesday.
Warnings (In effect)
Yukon CoastIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 August 2018
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 14 August 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday trough from low located over 69N 101W
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 986 mb located at 76N 106W.
At 1200 UTC Wednesday trough from low located over 80N 171W
By 0000 UTC Thursday trough from low located over 77N 161W extending
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: