West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 18 January 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind easterly 20 to 30 knots becoming northeast 20 early this evening then backing to northerly 10 to 20 Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 18 January 2018 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 980 mb located 100 miles southwest of
Cape St. James.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday weakening low 989 mb located 80 miles
south of Cape St. James.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PST 18 January 2018 A strong low pressure system 100 miles southwest of Cape St James
will continue its westward track to lie south of Cape St James
This afternoon while weakening 15 millibar. This evening it will
remain nearly stationary in queen charloote sound while
Only weakening slightly.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies ahead of the low will ease
To strong to gale force tonight. Northwesterly gales will prevail
behind the low affecting offshore only waters today, but will spread
to Bowie and Explorer tonight and Friday.
Seas which are 9 to 10 metres this morning over the central waters
and west of Vancouver Island will subside to 6 to 8 metres later
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: