West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 22 November 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 20 knots diminishing to south 5 to 15 this afternoon then increasing to northwest 15 to 20 this evening. Wind backing to southwest 15 to 25 Thursday morning then increasing to southwest 30 to 40 Thursday evening.
A few showers changing to rain Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 22 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 22 November 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday By 10:30 a.m. PST today dissipating frontal system located over
the Central Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located southwest of
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located from
the Central Coast to Explorer.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located off Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located off Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:11 AM PST 22 November 2017 A frontal system over the Central Coast will continue to weaken
today. Gale force outflow winds over Dixon east will diminish near
noon. A second front will move up from southwest of Explorer to lie
over Queen Charlotte Sound this evening. Southerly gales over
Explorer and the west coast of Vancouver Island will spread to
central waters this afternoon.
A third approaching frontal system will track across the offshore
waters Thursday night. Ahead of the front, southerly gales will
develop over the offshore waters Thursday evening then spread to
central and northern waters overnight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: