West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 29 September 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 Saturday morning then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Saturday evening.
Scattered showers ending this evening. Rain Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 September 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located west of the offshore
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:16 AM PDT 29 September 2023 A ridge of high pressure continues to build over the offshore waters
today and moves into central waters on Saturday. Northwesterly
marginal gales will develop off West Vancouver Island this evening
and persist through Saturday. Northwesterly marginal gales are also
expected through Johnstone Strait Saturday afternoon.
A frontal system will slide eastward across Bowie Saturday evening.
Ahead of the system, southerly gales are expected over northern
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: