West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 22 November 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots diminishing to south 5 to 15 early this afternoon then becoming northwest 10 to 20 early this evening. Wind backing to southwest 15 to 25 Thursday morning then increasing to southwest 25 to 35 Thursday afternoon.
A few showers ending Thursday morning. Light rain beginning Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 22 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 22 November 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located from Hecate Strait
to Vancouver Island then to Explorer.
By 8:00 a.m. PST today dissipating frontal system located over
the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located southwest of Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located from
the Central Coast to Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PST 22 November 2017 A frontal system extending from Hecate Strait to the northern
Tip of Vancouver Island will move east into the Central Coast before
dissipating this morning. A second front will move up from southwest
of Explorer to lie over Queen Charlotte Sound this afternoon. Gale
To marginal storm force winds will ease by this evening.
A ridge of high pressure anchored over BC Interior combined with
incoming frontal systems will continue to produce easterly gale force
winds through the mainland inlets. Those gale force outlow winds
Will ease through today as the gradient weakens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: