West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 10 July 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots veering to southwest 15 to 20 early this evening then backing to southeast 15 to 20 Saturday morning. Wind becoming west 10 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Rain changing to showers this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 10 July 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today intensifying frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday dissipating cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Victoria.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:04 AM PDT 10 July 2020 A frontal system over the offshore waters this morning will track
across Haida Gwaii this afternoon. The front will weaken this evening
and lie in a northeast to southwest line over Cape Scott by early
Saturday morning then dissipate while moving across Vancouver Island
Ahead of the front, strong to gale force southerly winds are expected
over the central and northern waters today and this evening.
Winds will ease overnight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: