West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 14 July 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots veering to southwest 15 to 25 early this morning then becoming southwest 15 this afternoon. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 25 Wednesday morning then becoming southwest 15 Wednesday evening.
Rain ending near midnight. Rain Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 14 July 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
By 3:00 p.m. PDT today departing frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM PDT 14 July 2020 A frontal system just west of Haida Gwaii will head towards the
North Coast today. Ahead of the system, winds will rise to strong to
gale force southeasterlies early this morning over Dixon Entrance
East and Northern Hecate Strait. Winds will ease to moderate to
strong southwesterlies behind the frontal system by this evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: