West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 06 February 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots backing to westerly 10 to 20 near noon then increasing to southerly 20 to 30 near midnight. Wind diminishing to east 10 to 20 Tuesday morning then increasing to westerly 20 to 30 Tuesday evening.
Rain ending near noon. Showers tonight and Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 06 February 2023
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 6 February 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located from the North Coast
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 1000 mb located over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday low 999 mb located over southern Hecate
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:20 AM PST 6 February 2023 A frontal system will move southeastward across most of the northern
waters. Ahead of this system, southerly to southwesterly gales over
northern waters will spread into central waters tonight.
By this afternoon, the frontal system will reach the Central Coast
and Explorer with southwesterly gales over the central and southern
waters. For the inner South Coast, southeasterly gales will also
develop over Northern Strait of Georgia this afternoon.
A 1000 MB low will approach Southern Bowie early Tuesday
Morning. Gale force westerly winds in its vicinity will develop over
parts of the offshore and central waters early Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: