West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 15 December 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 knots increasing to southeast 35 late this morning then diminishing to southwest 5 to 15 after midnight. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 Monday morning then increasing to southeast 20 Monday evening.
Rain this afternoon tonight and Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 15 December 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 15 December 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 5:00 a.m. PST today warm front located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today warm front located from Sandspit to Port
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight approaching cold front located over Haida
Gwaii extending southwestward.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PST 15 December 2019 A frontal system over the offshore waters is approaching the
North Coast today.
Ahead of the system, winds will rise to gale force southeasterly over
the northern and central waters throughout today. Gale force
southeasterlies will reach waters near Northern Vancouver Island late
this afternoon or this evening.
The front will then stall along the coast from the northern tip of
Vancouver Island through Hecate Strait giving near storm force
southeasterly winds well into Monday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: