West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 19 September 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 after midnight and to southeast 35 to 45 early Monday morning. Wind veering to south 35 late Monday morning.
Rain overnight and Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 19 September 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 19 September 2021 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over eastern Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday ridge located over the South Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Monday frontal system located from Hecate Strait
to the Central Coast then to Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:02 PM PDT 19 September 2021 A frontal system will move into Bowie this evening from the west.
The front will progress across the northern and central waters on
Monday to lie on a northeast to southwest line over Cape St James
Gale force southeast winds will develop along the front. In the wake
of the front, the winds will shift to strong to gale force
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: