West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 21 November 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to east 25 to 35 near midnight then diminishing to south 15 to 25 early Wednesday morning. Wind becoming northwest 15 Wednesday evening.
A few showers ending Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 21 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 21 November 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located southwest of
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located on a line
east-west over southern Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located southwest of Explorer.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:13 AM PST 21 November 2017 A frontal system approaching Explorer from the southwest will move
To lie over Southern Bowie by this afternoon before moving off to
The northwest. A second front will move up from southwest of
Explorer to lie over Haida Gwaii Wednesday morning.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds will spread to southern
offshore waters this morning and will spread to central and
Northern waters this afternoon. Storm force winds will ease by this
evening. Widespread southerly gale force winds will continue through
A ridge of high pressure anchored over BC Interior combined with
incoming frontal systems will continue to produce easterly gale force
winds through the mainland inlets.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: