West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 20 August 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots becoming northwest 15 after midnight then backing to southwest 10 to 20 near noon Tuesday.
Chance of showers Tuesday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 August 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located over BC interior.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday weakening ridge located over BC interior.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:40 AM PDT 20 August 2018 A ridge over the BC Interior is giving strong outflow winds to the
mainland inlets of the south and central coasts this morning. The
ridge will weaken tonight.
Offshore, another ridge running north to south over Bowie is
generating a strong northwest flow from Haida Gwaii to west of
Vancouver Island. On Tuesday, this ridge will rotate to lie
Northeast to southwest over Northern Vancouver Island. Winds will
ease to moderate northwesterlies except moderate southwesterlies
Over Bowie and northern portions of the North Coast.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: