West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 23 February 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northwest 30 to 40 knots diminishing to northwest 20 to 30 this afternoon and to northwest 10 to 20 near midnight. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 late overnight then becoming southeast 10 to 20 Monday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Monday afternoon and to southeast 40 to 50 Monday evening.
Showers ending near midnight. Rain Monday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 23 February 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 23 February 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 998 mb located near Port Hardy.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today low located over southern BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
At 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line
north-south over eastern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PST 23 February 2020 An intense low pressure system over Northern Vancouver Island this
morning will move into the BC Interior this afternoon.
Gale to storm force northwest winds will prevail today over most
marine regions in the wake of the low.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: