West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 22 January 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots becoming southwest 20 to 30 early this morning then diminishing to westerly 10 to 20 near noon. Wind westerly 5 to 20 tonight. Wind westerly 5 to 15 backing to southwest 15 to 20 near noon Wednesday.
Showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 22 January 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 22 January 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today dissipating low 996 mb located northwest
of Haida Gwaii.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today approaching frontal system located west
of Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 AM PST 22 January 2019 A low pressure centre northwest of Haida Gwaii will bring gale to
local storm force southerly winds to northern and central waters
And strong to gale force southeast winds to southern waters this
A frontal system will approach Vancouver Island this afternoon.
Strong to gale force southerly winds are expected ahead of the
frontal system. Winds will become strong to gale force northwesterly
in the wake of the system.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: