West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 18 December 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light early this afternoon then increasing to north 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to north 15 to 25 overnight and to north 25 to 35 near noon Tuesday.
A few showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 08:39 AM PST 18 December 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 18 December 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today deepening low 1014 mb located at 44N 133W.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday low 1000 mb located over northern
At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 1007 mb located at 57N 140W.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening low 1014 mb located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 18 December 2017
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: