West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 19 October 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 45 knots diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 this morning and to southwest 10 to 20 Saturday morning.
Rain changing to showers near noon and ending Saturday afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 19 October 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 19 October 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today deepening low 970 mb located 300 miles west
of the Alaska panhandle.
At 5:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line north-south
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating cold front located on a line
north-south over Cape Scott.
At 5:00 a.m. PDT Saturday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 AM PDT 19 October 2018 A rapidly deepening low pressure system is moving northward towards
Alaska. The associated cold front will reach Haida Gwaii this
Morning and will dissipate as it reaches Cape Scott tonight. On
Saturday, a ridge of high pressure will lie over Queen Charlotte
Gale force southeasterlies will prevail over most northern and
central waters today ahead of the cold front. Winds will shift
To moderate to strong west or southwest behind it, with gale to
Storm force southwesterlies forecast over the northern offshore
On Saturday, strong to gale force southerlies will persist over the
northern offshore waters. Light to moderate winds will prevail
elsewhere under the ridge.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: