West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 30 September 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots becoming light near midnight then increasing to southeast 10 to 20 Thursday morning. Wind becoming southeast 15 to 25 Thursday afternoon then becoming southeast 20 to 30 Thursday evening.
Showers ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 30 September 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening cold front located over Hecate
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 PM PDT 30 September 2020 A developing frontal system will approach northern offshore waters
late in the day on Thursday. Southeasterly winds will increase
through the afternoon in advance of this system, with strong to gale
force southeasterlies expected for Bowie beginning late Thursday
afternoon and should persist until midnight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: