West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 27 January 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots veering to northerly 20 to 30 late this afternoon.
Periods of drizzle ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 27 January 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today departing trough located over southern
At 10:00 a.m. PST today building ridge located over northern
By 10:00 a.m. PST Saturday building ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM PST 27 January 2023 A trough over Southern Vancouver Island this morning will continue to
move southward. Meanwhile, a ridge of high pressure will remain
offshore. Strong to gale force northerly winds will prevail between
these two features, over most outer coastal waters and Explorer.
A strong ridge of high pressure will build over the BC Interior
tonight and Saturday. Strong to gale force outflow winds will develop
in the mainland inlets tonight and are expected to strengthen to
Gale to storm force outflow on Saturday as the ridge builds.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: