West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 26 May 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots backing to southerly 10 to 20 early Sunday morning then veering to southwest 15 to 25 Sunday evening.
Chance of showers late this evening. Rain beginning Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 May 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over central Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located on a line north-south
over eastern Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday departing cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday low located near Sandspit.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM PDT 26 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure lies stationary over Central Vancouver
Island. A front is slowly moving through northern and central waters
tonight. A low pressure centre will move northeast towards Haida
Gwaii by late Sunday.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies for central and northern waters
tonight veer to strong southwesterlies in the wake of the frontal
system. On Sunday, strong to gale force southerlies ahead of the low
over central and northern waters will veer into strong westerlies
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: