West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 17 August 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots veering to southwest 10 to 20 early this morning then diminishing to light overnight. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 15 Saturday afternoon.
A few showers early this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 17 August 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the North Coast.
By 8:00 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line north-south
over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 1016 mb located north of Bowie.
By 2:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating low 1020 mb located near the
At 11:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary high located over the
coast of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM PDT 17 August 2018 A persistent area of high pressure southwest of Explorer will
continue to give a northwesterly flow for much of the southern
Marginal northwesterly gale force winds will maintain themselves
Off the west coast of Vancouver Island until Saturday afternoon.
After diminishing briefly during the afternoon, winds are expected
To return to marginal gales by Saturday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: