West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 28 February 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 20 knots increasing to southwest 25 to 35 early Monday evening.
Showers ending Monday morning. Rain Monday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 28 February 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 28 February 2021 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday departing cold front located over southern
At 4:00 p.m. PST Monday cold front located off Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:09 PM PST 28 February 2021 A cold front over the Central Coast will slowly weaken and track
southwards across Vancouver Island on Monday. Strong to gale force
southerlies ahead of the front will shift to moderate to strong
northwest in its wake.
Another approaching cold front will track across Haida Gwaii Monday
night then slide south along the mainland coast to lie over Northern
Vancouver Island Tuesday afternoon. Ahead of the front,
southwesterly gales will develop over Bowie Monday afternoon then
spread to northern waters Monday night and central waters Tuesday
morning. In its wake the winds ease and shift to strong westerly.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: