West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 17 July 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots backing to west 5 to 15 early Wednesday morning.
Chance of drizzle late this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 17 July 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Explorer.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located over southern Haida Gwaii.
By 2:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday weakening trough located over Queen
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM PDT 17 July 2018 A centre of high pressure will remain nearly stationary
West of the offshore waters. Moderate to strong northwesterlies will
continue to prevail east of the centre of high pressure with
Local gales expected off the northwestern coast of Vancouver Island
and through Johnstone Strait.
A strong push of marine air through Juan de Fuca Strait is
Generating strong to gale force westerly winds this evening.
Winds will ease to strong overnight then rise to gales again
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: