West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 20 April 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots backing to southwest 20 Saturday morning.
A few showers beginning early Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 April 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By midnight PDT tonight departing frontal system located from
Hecate Strait to the Washington Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Saturday building ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM PDT 20 April 2018 A frontal system currently over Queen Charlotte Sound will continue
sliding eastwards tonight across the north and south coasts
And into the BC Interior by early Saturday morning.
Ahead of the front, gale to storm force southerlies will continue
tonight and shift to gale to storm force westerlies in its wake.
Strong to gale force southerly inflow winds will develop through
Douglas Channel early Saturday morning as the front passes.
Winds will ease to moderate to strong southwesterly on Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: