West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 25 September 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots becoming southeast 35 to 45 early this evening then diminishing to northwest 25 to 35 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain. Risk of thunderstorms today and early this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 25 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 25 September 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located from the South
Coast to the Central Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing frontal system located over
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 968 mb located west of Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 972 mb located over southern Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday low 976 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low 992 mb located over northeastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:20 AM PDT 25 September 2023 In the wake of the frontal system moving into Interior British
Columbia, another intense low will move into the offshore waters
today bringing widespread gale to storm force southeast winds.
Near the headlands of Northwest Vancouver island, storm to hurricane
force southeast winds will develop this afternoon and persist until
late this evening.
Significant wave height up to 10 metres is expected for the
northwestern half of Explorer this morning.
On Tuesday, the low over Bowie continues to generate strong to gale
force winds over most of the marine regions. As the low moves north
and weakens, gale force winds will be limited to the northern waters
by Tuesday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: