West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 28 November 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 this evening and to southeast 25 to 35 late overnight. Wind becoming northeast 20 to 30 late Tuesday morning then becoming northeast 25 to 35 Tuesday evening.
Snow or rain beginning near midnight changing to scattered flurries Tuesday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 28 November 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 28 November 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight building ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday intensifying low 1007 mb located over
By 9:30 p.m. PST Tuesday low 984 mb located off Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:06 PM PST 28 November 2022 A building ridge of high pressure over the Northern BC Interior will
generate gale to storm force outflow winds through the mainland
inlets on Tuesday.
A low pressure system will intensify west of Haida Gwaii tonight and
track southeastwards towards Vancouver Island on Tuesday. Gale to
storm force easterlies will develop over parts of the offshore,
northern and central waters as well as West Vancouver Island on
Over northern coastal waters, a risk of freezing spray will exist
beginning Tuesday evening as Arctic air pushes out from the mainland
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: