West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 13 December 2017
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 Thursday morning.
Rain beginning late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 13 December 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:58 PM PST 13 December 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday weakening frontal system located on a
line north-south over the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:10 PM PST 13 December 2017 An approaching frontal system will track across northern waters
Thursday morning and reach the Central Coast by the afternoon.
Ahead of the front, gale force southeasterlies over the offshore
waters will spread to the North Coast overnight. Winds will shift to
strong westerlies in the wake of the front on Thursday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: