West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 24 February 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 after midnight then increasing to southerly 35 early Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 24 February 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 24 February 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over Victoria.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday ridge located over southern BC interior.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:01 PM PST 24 February 2020 A frontal system over Bowie this evening will continue towards Haida
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds are expected over northern
and central waters ahead of this system. Winds will become strong to
gale force southwesterly in the wake of the system.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: