West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 16 October 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeasterly 10 to 20 knots backing to northeasterly 5 to 15 early this evening then veering to southeast 5 to 15 Sunday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Sunday afternoon.
Showers ending Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 16 October 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating frontal system located over
the Lower Mainland.
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located over Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PDT 16 October 2021 A frontal wave over Southern Vancouver Island will continue to give
south to southeast gales near the west entrance of Juan de Fuca
strait early this morning. Southeast gales will also continue early
this morning over the Strait of Georgia north of Nanaimo. The
southeast gales will ease early this morning as the front weakens.
Another strong frontal system will approach Bowie Sunday evening
bringing southeast gales to the region.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: