West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 September 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 early this evening then becoming southeast 25 to 35 after midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 35 to 45 early Sunday morning then backing to east 25 to 35 Sunday evening.
Showers changing to rain overnight and ending Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 September 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday intensifying trough located over Bowie.
At 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday intensifying frontal system located
southwest of Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located off Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PDT 23 September 2023 A deep low pressure system is expected to spread gale to hurricane
force winds across the British Columbia waters Sunday through Monday.
Initially, a trough will bring southerly gale and storm force winds
to the central and northern waters on Sunday morning.
An intensifying frontal system will cross Explorer late Sunday,
spreading storm to local hurricane force southeasterly winds across
southern and central waters Sunday evening. Significant wave height
of 10 metres is expected for the northwestern half of Explorer Sunday
night into Monday morning.
Another intense frontal system is expected to follow the same path on
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: