West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 11 December 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind westerly 35 to 45 knots diminishing to westerly 25 to 35 near midnight then backing to southerly 25 to 35 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 40 to 50 Wednesday morning then becoming southwest 35 to 45 early Wednesday afternoon.
Showers with a risk of thunderstorms late this evening changing to rain Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 11 December 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 11 December 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 7:00 a.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located over Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Wednesday departing frontal system located over
southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday low 970 mb located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Wednesday quasi-stationary low 970 mb located
north of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM PST 11 December 2018 A ridge of high pressure over the offshore waters will weaken
Through the night as it quickly approaches the BC coast by Wednesday
morning. Widespread gale force westerly winds will continue across
most marine regions ahead of the ridge then ease to generally strong
westerly winds later tonight.
The next frontal wave moves over the offshore waters on Wednesday
morning and will track east through the South Coast by evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: