West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 20 November 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots becoming light late overnight then increasing to southerly 5 to 15 late Wednesday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 November 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
from the Central Coast to Explorer.
At midnight PST tonight low located over southwestern Explorer.
By 1:00 p.m. PST Wednesday departing low located over southern
At 1:00 p.m. PST Wednesday building ridge located on a line
north-south over Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday ridge located over BC interior.
At 9:30 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:46 PM PST 20 November 2018 A front stretching from the Central Coast to Southern Explorer will
combine with a low approaching from the south tonight. This combined
system will intensify the gale force southeast winds along the front
and reach peak winds of storm force southeasterlies by Wednesday
morning over waters near Northern Vancouver Island. The system will
move eastwards Wednesday with southeast winds shifting to strong
To gale force northerwesterlies for areas immediately in its wake.
The inner South Coast will see winds rise to gale force
southeasterlies Wednesday morning. As the system departs into the
BC Interior, a ridge will build Wednesday afternoon causing winds to
quickly ease below gales for all marine regions.
The next frontal system will approach the offshore waters Wednesday
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: