West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 18 August 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 5 to 15 early this evening then becoming light near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 15 Monday afternoon and to east 20 to 30 Monday evening.
Rain beginning Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 18 August 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located over the North Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening trough located over the Central
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Monday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Vancouver Island.
At 1:00 p.m. PDT Monday trough located over southern Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Monday trough located from Bowie to Prince Rupert.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:29 AM PDT 18 August 2019 A low pressure trough lying through the North Coast will move south
to the Central Coast this afternoon then weaken. Strong northwest
winds will affect northern waters behind the trough.
On Monday, a second trough of low pressure will move to lie over
Southern Bowie and then swing northward toward Prince Rupert in
The evening. Strong southerlies will develop south of the trough and
rise to gale force late in the day. Strong to gale force easterlies
will develop north of the trough.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: