West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 04 December 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind east 25 knots increasing to southeast 40 to 50 after midnight then diminishing to southerly 30 to 40 Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to south 20 to 30 early Saturday afternoon.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 04 December 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 4 December 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday weakening frontal system located on a
line northwest-southeast over Hecate Strait.
At 9:30 p.m. PST Saturday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:40 PM PST 4 December 2020 A slow moving front will approach the North Coast tonight. The front
will stall and slowly weaken on Saturday as it lies from Hecate
Strait to Vancouver Island. By Saturday night, the stalled front will
Gale to storm force winds have developed ahead of the front over most
marine waters except the inner South Coast for tonight and Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: