West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 30 November 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 this evening then diminishing to southwest 20 early Friday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early Friday afternoon then becoming west 25 to 35 Friday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 30 November 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 30 November 2023 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PST today dissipating cold front located from the
Central Coast to Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Friday departing frontal system located from
Hecate Strait to the Central Coast then to Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST Friday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM PST 30 November 2023 A frontal system will sweep across Bowie and Explorer tonight, then
reach the BC coastal waters by Friday morning.
The system will track inland by Friday afternoon. Southeast gales
will develop ahead of the system followed by gale force westerlies in
Another frontal system is expected Friday. The system will make its
way across the offshore waters earlier in the day and then into the
northern and central waters later in the day. Gale force southerlies
ahead of the system will be followed by gale force westerlies in its
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: