West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 22 January 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 near noon then veering to south 25 to 35 early this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 early Thursday morning and to south 10 to 15 near noon Thursday. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Thursday evening.
Rain beginning this morning changing to showers near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 22 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located near Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday cold front located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday weakening cold front located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PST 22 January 2020 A frontal system over the offshore waters this morning will move
eastward and lie across Queen Charlotte Sound by the afternoon. The
system will cross the North Coast tonight. Gale to local storm force
southeasterlies ahead of the front will shift to strong to gale force
southwestly in its wake.
The trailing cold front will lie across the Central Coast Thursday
morning and move across the South Coast Thursday afternoon. Strong to
gale force southeasterlies will persist ahead of the front then ease
to moderate to strong southerlies in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: