West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southwesterly 10 to 20 near midnight. Wind southwesterly 10 to 20 Friday.
Rain changing to showers Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 21 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening cold front located from Explorer
to the North Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located from Explorer to the Central
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday ridge located over Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 21 September 2023 A cold front will track across Bowie today, reach Haida Gwaii by
Friday morning then weaken as it progresses into central waters
through Friday. Ahead of the front, southerly gales have developed
across Bowie and northern waters. The winds will fall below gales
Friday as the front rapidly weakens. In its wake, winds will ease
To moderate to strong westerlies tonight through Friday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: