West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 May 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late this morning then diminishing to west 15 to 25 early this evening. Wind diminishing to westerly 5 to 15 overnight. Wind southwesterly 5 to 15 Monday.
Periods of rain today and tonight. Showers Monday afternoon. Fog patches dissipating early this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 22 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 22 May 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:37 AM PDT 22 May 2022 Ahead of a frontal system over Bowie, southeast winds will rise to
strong to marginal gale force west of Haida Gwaii late this morning.
Strong to marginal gale force southeast winds are also expected for
Northern Hecate Strait and Dixon Entrance East this afternoon and
early evening. Winds will veer to strong westerlies in the wake of
the front late today.
Extensive fog and stratus blankets the outer waters this morning but
will dissipate today as the frontal system passes.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: