West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 02 July 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 25 to 30 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 this afternoon and to light after midnight. Wind becoming south 5 to 15 overnight. Wind south 5 to 15 Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 2 July 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located west of the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located over the Mainland Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 1013 mb located over northern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PDT 2 July 2020 A ridge of high pressure will remain west of the offshore waters
Over the next few days. A trough of low pressure over the mainland
coast will shift westward to lie over Haida Gwaii by Thursday
Strong to marginal gale force northwesterly winds will continue over
most BC waters ahead of the ridge. Strong southeasterly winds
Will develop Thursday afternoon and Thursday night over parts of the
coastal waters east of the trough.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: