West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 16 December 2017
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 25 to 35 knots diminishing to west 15 to 25 after midnight then increasing to west 25 to 35 Sunday afternoon.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 16 December 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 16 December 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing warm front located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday frontal system located over Explorer.
At 9:30 a.m. PST Sunday low 995 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Sunday weakening cold front from 1000 mb low
located over the Gulf of Alaska.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PST 16 December 2017 A warm front over the central mainland coast will continue to
General gale force southerly winds along the immediate coast
This evening. The gale force winds will ease overnight as the front
A low pressure system will develop over the Gulf of Alaska Sunday
morning. The system will weaken Sunday evening. Marginal gale force
westerlies will prevail over Northern Bowie on Sunday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: