West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 16 August 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light near noon then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 near midnight. Wind becoming west 10 to 20 Friday morning.
A few showers this evening and Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 16 August 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
At 5:00 p.m. PDT today approaching low 1018 mb located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PDT 16 August 2018 A ridge of high pressure along a northeast to southwest line lies
over Bowie this morning. Moderate to strong northwesterlies will
prevail over most BC waters with marginal gales expected off the
northwestern coast of Vancouver Island and through Johnstone Strait.
Later today the ridge will weaken as it shifts eastward towards
Haida Gwaii and a weak low pressure system reaches northwestern
Bowie on Friday evening.
Marginal gales are also expected for eastern and central
Sections of Juan de Fuca Strait later this afternoon and tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: