West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 27 February 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 this evening and to southwest 15 after midnight. Wind increasing to northwest 15 to 25 early Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 27 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 27 February 2020 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday low located over northern Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday low located west of Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:00 PM PST 27 February 2020 A departing frontal system over the Alaska Panhandle will give gale
to storm force southwesterlies to northern waters this evening.
A new low will approach Explorer on Friday morning. The low will
track westward towards Vancouver Island during the day on Friday.
Ahead of the low expect strong to gale force southerlies. In the wake
of the low gale force northwesterlies will occur.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: