West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 21 October 2019
Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind west 40 to 50 knots diminishing to northwest 30 to 40 near midnight and to westerly 25 early Tuesday morning. Wind backing to southwest 10 to 20 early Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 October 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 October 2019 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low 990 mb located near Prince
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located west of the
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south over
the Central Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT Tuesday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PDT 21 October 2019 A 990 MB low near Prince Rupert will move inland and weaken tonight.
A ridge of high pressure will then build over the region on Tuesday.
Gale to storm force westerlies over central and northern waters will
ease to moderate to strong northwest by early Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: