West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 28 May 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots diminishing to south 15 Friday evening.
Showers ending Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 28 May 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over the southern
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 988 mb located southwest of the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday low 998 mb located 120 miles northwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:12 AM PDT 28 May 2020 A frontal system over Haida Gwaii this morning is giving strong
southeasterlies to the North Coast waters. The frontal system will
weaken as it moves to the Alaska Panhandle this afternoon.
In the wake of the front, strong to marginal gale force
southeasterlies are expected over Bowie today as a deep low
Well offshore gradually fills and moves towards the Gulf of Alaska.
Over the rest of the northern waters, strong south to southeast
Winds will prevail today through Friday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: