West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 04:00 PM PST 22 February 2019
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northwest 20 early this evening then veering to north 10 to 20 early Saturday morning. Wind veering to northeast 15 to 25 near noon Saturday.
Showers ending early Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 February 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 February 2019 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 1004 mb located over Prince Rupert.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday weakening low 1011 mb located southwest
of Cape Scott.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday building ridge located over northern
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 PM PST 22 February 2019 An extensive area of low pressure, centred near Prince Rupert, will
weaken tonight and drift southwards towards Cape Scott on Saturday.
Strong to gale force northwesterly winds over northern outer-coastal
waters will ease somewhat this evening.
Strong to gale force inflow winds through Juan de Fuca Strait will
ease later this evening.
A ridge of high pressure will build over the Northern BC Interior
overnight. Strong to gale force outflow winds will develop through
the mainland inlets of the North Coast overnight and spread to the
South Coast on Saturday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: