West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 04:00 AM PST 29 January 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 to 35 knots becoming west 25 late this morning then diminishing to west 15 to 20 overnight. Wind increasing to west 20 to 25 near noon Sunday.
Rain changing to showers this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 04:00 AM PST 29 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 29 January 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over western Haida
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:21 AM PST 29 January 2022 A slow moving cold front is currently approaching the BC coast. Ahead
of the front, gale to storm force southeasterly winds will continue
over parts of the central, northern, and offshore waters. The gale
force southeasterlies will ease to moderate to strong westerly over
the offshore and northern waters beginning this morning. The central
waters can expect the gale force southeasterlies to ease this
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: