Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
Issued 07:00 PM MDT 15 August 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to west 25 late this evening and to west 35 after midnight. Wind diminishing to west 25 Thursday afternoon and to west 15 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 August 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
1 tenth old ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Tuktoyaktuk - northern halfIssued 7:00 PM MDT 15 August 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 15 August 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday low 989 mb located at 74N 147W.
By 0000 UTC Friday low 980 mb located at 73N 107W.
At 0000 UTC Thursday trough from low located over 76N 101W
By 0000 UTC Friday trough from low located over 76N 124W extending
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: