Issued 05:30 PM EDT 18 September 2020
Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 September 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7345N 8210W to
Devon Island near 7435N 8330W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7545N 8110W to
Ellesmere Island near 7610N 8100W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Ellesmere Island 7620N 7915W to 7615N
7725W to 7705N 7455W then northeastward. Sea ice north of the ice
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 18 September 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 0000 UTC Saturday low 1000 mb located at 72N 84W.
By 1200 UTC Saturday weakening low 1002 mb located at 70N 76W.
At 0000 UTC Saturday trough from 984 mb low located from 65N 58W
to 78N 69W.
By 1200 UTC Sunday weakening trough located from 68N 54W to 77N 74W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: