Issued 05:30 AM EDT 28 September 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northeast 15 knots backing to northwest 20 Thursday morning then diminishing to northwest 15 Thursday evening.
Scattered flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray Thursday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 September 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7346N 10336W to 7414N 10312W to
7420N 9515W to Cornwallis Island near 7439N 9339W. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7509N 9329W to
7530N 9310W to Devon Island near 7532N 9215W. Sea ice northwest of
the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7433N 8337W to 7405N
8530W to Baffin Island near 7331N 8356W. Sea ice east of the ice
Fourth ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7317N 8112W to
Bylot Island near 7318N 8049W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7333N 7725W to 7345N
7700W to 7415N 7830W to near 7549N 7400W then eastwards. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
RaeIssued 05:30 AM EDT 28 September 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 28 September 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday low 996 mb located at 68N 102W.
By 0000 UTC Friday departing low 991 mb located at 67N 77W.
At 1200 UTC Wednesday ridge located from 73N 140W to 67N 136W.
By 0000 UTC Friday ridge located from 76N 140W to 67N 107W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Baillie - eastern half
- Baillie - western half
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: