Issued 05:30 AM EDT 27 September 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 knots overnight and to northeast 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 September 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7346N 10336W to 7414N 10312W to
7420N 9515W to Cornwallis Island near 7439N 9339W. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7509N 9329W to
7530N 9310W to Devon Island near 7532N 9215W. Sea ice northwest of
the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7433N 8337W to 7405N
8530W to Baffin Island near 7331N 8356W. Sea ice east of the ice
Fourth ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7317N 8112W to
Bylot Island near 7318N 8049W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7343N 7955W to near
7549N 7400W then eastwards. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 26 September 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 0000 UTC Tuesday low 999 mb located at 75N 75W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday weakening low 1003 mb located at 76N 73W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday approaching col located near Resolute.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday approaching trough from 995 mb low located
from 67N 112W to 68N 136W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: