Issued 05:30 AM EDT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to south 15 after midnight. Wind southwest 15 Friday.
Periods of rain changing to scattered showers or scattered flurries this evening then to scattered flurries Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7350N
9935W to 7437N 9851W to Cornwallis Island near 7458N 9623W. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7533N 9414W to
Devon Island near 7615N 9347W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7428N 8652W to
Brodeur Peninsula near 7351N 8554W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Borden Peninsula near 7332N 8112W to
Bylot Island near 7333N 8052W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7336N 7750W to 7544N
7604W to 7534N 7343W then eastward. Sea ice northwest of the ice
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday low 996 mb located over northern Victoria
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 996 mb located off Prince Patrick Island.
At 1200 UTC Thursday departing ridge located on a line north-south
over Baffin Bay.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: