Prince of Wales
Issued 05:30 AM EDT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light becoming west 15 knots Friday morning.
Periods of rain or snow changing to scattered showers or scattered flurries this evening then to scattered flurries after midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 September 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7257N 13836W to 7209N 13531W to 7228N
12820W to Banks Island near 7328N 12422W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7329N 11518W to
Victoria Island near 7321N 11444W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7204N 10456W to
7209N 10313W to Prince of Wales Island near 7230N 10200W. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7100N 8921W to
7035N 9009W to Nunavut near 6913N 8923W. Sea ice southeast of the
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday low 996 mb located over northern Victoria
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 996 mb located off Prince Patrick Island.
At 1200 UTC Thursday departing ridge located on a line north-south
over Baffin Bay.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: