Prince of Wales
Issued 05:30 AM EDT 16 August 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light becoming west 10 to 15 knots this evening then becoming light Friday morning. Wind increasing to west 20 Friday evening.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 August 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 16 August 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday trough from 985 mb low located from 77N 119W
to 77N 95W then to 71N 84W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday trough from 982 mb low located from 72N 107W
to 74N 90W then to 66N 81W.
At 1200 UTC Thursday ridge located over 74N 91W extending
By 0000 UTC Saturday ridge located over 69N 76W extending southward.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: