Issued 05:30 PM EDT 25 September 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northeast 20 to 25 knots diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 this evening then veering to east 10 to 15 early Sunday morning. Wind becoming light Sunday evening.
Flurries ending Sunday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge freezing spray ending this evening.
Temperatures minus 6 rising to minus 1 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 September 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 6955N 14100W to 6949N 14028W to 7047N
13425W to 7050N 12632W to Banks Island near 7159N 12521W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7131N 12034W to
Victoria Island near 7136N 11856W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6902N 10716W to
Nunavut near 6848N 10649W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
3 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 plus
tenths old ice in the northwestern section.
Warnings (In effect)
Prince AlfredIssued 5:30 PM EDT 25 September 2021
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 25 September 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 0000 UTC Sunday trough from 995 mb low located from 66N 113W
to 72N 135W.
By 0000 UTC Monday trough from 1003 mb low located from 71N 113W
to 75N 139W.
At 0000 UTC Sunday building ridge located from 80N 120W to 67N 154W.
By 0000 UTC Monday ridge located from 85N 126W to 73N 149W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: