Issued 05:30 AM EDT 18 September 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to east 15 knots early this evening and to east 25 after midnight. Wind east 25 Saturday.
Temperatures near minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 September 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7025N 14120W to 6955N 14035W to 7020N
13150W to 7115N 12555W to 6955N 12140W to Victoria Island near 7050N
11755W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6850N 10335W to
Nunavut near 6805N 10340W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Nunavut near 6940N 8525W to Baffin
Island near 7005N 8605W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
7 tenths old ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 18 September 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday intensifying trough located off Arctic Coast
By 0000 UTC Sunday trough from 997 mb low located over 71N 156W
At 1200 UTC Friday ridge from 1018 mb high located from 83N 146W
to 77N 134W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge from 1014 mb high located from 79N 130W
to 74N 97W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: