Issued 05:30 PM EDT 29 September 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 15 knots late overnight and to southwest 20 early Saturday morning. Wind veering to west 15 Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 September 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13755W to 7145N 13251W to 7205N
12725W to Banks Island near 7237N 12504W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Stefansson Island near 7321N 10431W
to Prince of Wales Island near 7325N 10126W. Sea ice north of the
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7154N 9005W to
7142N 9128W to 6953N 9049W to Nunavut near 6916N 8908W. Sea ice east
of the ice edge.
1 tenth old ice except 6 tenths old ice in the northwestern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 29 September 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 0000 UTC Saturday departing low 1002 mb located at 83N 142W.
At 0000 UTC Saturday ridge located from 68N 117W to 66N 159W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge from 1025 mb high located from 68N 115W
to 68N 168W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday low 994 mb located at 76N 160W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: